Advice In Work Life

 Lets be honest unless you are a people person and a talker you're not gonna impress a girl who is in a higher position than you if that's your thing in fact you won't impress any woman. And you will always be chasing. I will explain where I went wrong and what I should've done and this goes way back to when I was deciding to go to college.

So at the time I was a Rec-Aid for a gym on post essential a clerk/helper. I was a flex and I was looking to go to college so I was quitting that position to go on to college. This was the wrong decision now mind you I did not have the best work record with this company however, I could have turned it around and could of become a leader it was possible.

Instead of  going to college in another part of the state. I would of went to community college, asked what I needed to do to get to the next level and go from there.

I wanted to grow with this particular organization and this could have been a stepping stone of growing with the company

In college, I never networked, never took job fairs seriously, and never looked at taking on internships

Change: take them seriously

Never took ROTC seriously and never wanted to join.

Change: take it a bit seriously, and give them a serious look

After college I never applied for the career I wanted, never got a job that would have been an acceptable entry level position, even a flight attendant would have been something better than a retail associate.

Change: more proactive at job searches

The first option was the best option, I was with the company i wanted to be with but wasn't interested in the position or division I was in. I knew leadership in the gym that could have worked with me if I changed and I asked for it but never did.

Don't be in a quagmire, think about what you're doing especially nowadays where you have to do alot more than just getting that piece of paper that says you have a degree in whatever.

Honestly I probably should've become a chef, ok probably not

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrong direction In Korean Diplomacy: The change in the Unification ministry

Beautiful Places I've Been To