work

When I work I try to do it a steady pace nowadays I base it off of a couple of things:

Growth opportunities
Position
Status part of full time
Pay

Now let me start off by saying if I ran a company I would employee lazy people I would give those people a raise every year for service however I would not go above and beyond for these guys as far as development with them if there a groundskeeper I would keep them there they wouldn't have any upward climb nor cross training. Would they be full time? Sure if I needed that but this is me hypothetically running a business.

Alright so back to the topic at hand status of full time isn't that big of a deal, some of the benefits of full time positions these days suck. 

Pay: can be a difference people will move from one position to another if it meant 2 to 4 extra dollars. This is not everything though

Position: if you are entry level you may want to work hard to get bonuses if you are in management you definitely want to hit your numbers for a bonus

Growth opportunities: so I'm at a company where upward mobility is almost non existent. If you are in a job that has no growth you want to go steady try and make rate. If there is growth, you want to work hard that is my opinion. 

Some people do it but I never talk with my bosses unless its uber urgent like a time card fix or a pay discrepancy.

Keep applying know that everyday you can be let go for any reason. These company dont give two shits about you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrong direction In Korean Diplomacy: The change in the Unification ministry

Beautiful Places I've Been To